Area 3 offers two scholarships annually, one to Handbell Musicians of America National Seminar and one to the Area 3 Directors Seminar. These scholarships cover the following:
- Full registration,
- Lodging, either full cost of a single room or half the cost of a shared room (at the event lodging-site rate),
- $250 stipend for the National Seminar or a $100 stipend for Area 3 Directors Seminar
To apply you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a resident of Area 3 (Delaware, Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, North Carolina),
- Be a member of Handbell Musicians of America,
- Be directing a handbell choir within Area 3 at the time of application and the event,
- Be a first time attendee of either event.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Date: July 16-20, 2019
Area 3 Directors’ Seminar
Location: Grace UMC, Gaithersburg, MD
Date: August 23-24, 2019
If you are interested in applying for either of these scholarships, print a copy of the Scholarship Application Instructions. The Area 3 Scholarship Application Form and References Form must also be completed.
Deadline for Area 3 Scholarship to National Seminar is April 15, 2019. Deadline for Area 3 Scholarship to Area 3 Directors Seminar is May 31, 2019.
Do NOT register for either event until you have been notified that you are a scholarship winner. You will be notified in time to register by the Early Bird deadline.